Executive Directors & Auditors
Ken-ichiro Kosai（Executive Chairman, Founder & CSO, Ph.D., M.D.）
- Professor, Dept. of Gene Therapy & Regenerative Medicine, Graduate School of Medical & Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University
- Pioneered development of next-generation m-CRA (conditionally-replicating adenovirus specifically targeting tumors with multiple factors) platform technology as a prospective new cancer therapy in the globally-anticipated field of oncolytic viruses (OVs).
- In a Phase I study, the first-generation Surv.m-CRA-1 yielded globally superior results to those of competing technologies, and a Phase II study is currently underway with an eye to gaining regulatory approval. The second-generation Surv.m-CRA-2 is also under development
Masaki Yamada（Representative Director, President, Ph.D., M.B.A.）
- More than 35 years of experience in pharmaceutical R&D
- Previously Head of Pharmacology Research Lab & Manager of the Sohyaku (Innovative Research) Strategy & Planning Dept., Sohyaku Innovative Research Div. At Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma, and former President of Tanabe Research Labs, U.S.A.
- Highly-experienced in R&D strategy development & project management and in promoting open innovation
Yoshihiro Takano（Executive Director & CFO, General Manager of Admin. Dept.)
- Successfully listed a healthcare tech venture on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Growth Market as its CFO, and has wide-ranging business experience with a focus on corporate planning & business development for banks, general trading companies, major retailers and other listed corporations
Shinji Takahashi（Executive Director, General Manager of R&D Dept., Ph.D.）
- Doctor of Science
- Experienced in all aspects of pharmacology & translational science research as a former employee of major pharma companies including Astellas Pharma & Taisho Pharmaceutical
- Led global R&D projects on new modalities including gene therapy & OV therapy for Astellas PharmaCorporate Auditors
Matsugaki Mikio （Corporate Auditor）
- Well versed in internal auditing, finance & accounting, with more than 30 years experience at a government-affiliated bank
- Practical experience in listing a bioventure as Corporate auditor
Muneo Takatani（Independent Corporate Auditor）
- Doctor of Pharmacology, Visiting Professor at Kagoshima University
- Garnered extensive experience from basic research to business development & management while employed at Takeda Pharmaceutical, and served as Specially Appointed Professor at Kyoto University
- Also acts as director of a bioventure company originating from Kyoto University
Kiichiro Kawada（Independent Corporate Auditor）US C.P.A. & M.B.A.
- Mr. Kawada is a US C.P.A., holds a US M.B.A. degree, and spent 14 years in the U.S., where he worked at Deloitte Touche LLP as a client service representative.
- After returning to Japan, he worked for Deloitte Tohmatsu FAS and a government revitalization fund as a M&A advisor and in revitalization operations.
- In 2009, he became CFO of a listed drug discovery venture (RaQualia Pharma Inc.).
- Currently, he is involved in mentoring promising Japanese bioventures nearing IPO and advising startup ventures.
VC investor-appointed Directors (DCI Partners)
Hiroki Narita（Independent Director）
Norihide Hayakawa（Independent Director）